Sunday, August 26, 2007

Suprise Date

My sweet hubby took me on a fun date on Saturday and I thought I would brag on him for a moment :). Nothing like a little www recognition to say thank you.

He made the Lia sitting arrangements (thanks to the heinzs) and after dropping her off we started driving toward the big ATL with me just along for the ride... He kept trying to get me to guess our desitination.

"Well, is it a Braves game??" ..."No" (good, b/c I'm wearing jeans and it's 105 otside!)
"Are we going to the new coke museum?" - "No" (good cause that's a long drive for a coke)
"The Center for the Puppetry Arts?" - " No, we are never going back there" (*smile* - I didn't think so after we had an interesting time there with the nieces and nephews....and have marked it off our list)

by this point we are driving down Peachtree (I don't know which one) and we pass the High with a big banner annoucing the Annie Lebowitz exhibition...
"Are we going to see that?" - "Yep (with a big grin)"
"Really?!?!"
I don't think he could have planned that better....and I was really excited. I love that sort of thing and I know it's not always Brendon's favorite so it meant even more.

The exhibit (A Photographer's Life:1990-2005) was really great. It's a combination of her personal pictures (like this one of her mother)






and her professional work. (like this one of Nicole Kidman...it was amazing!)



She was a photographer for Rolling Stone and then still is for Vanity Fair. When i worked at Graves import we got VF and as I looked through the magazine for shoes I often got to see beautiful photographs of hers. It was amazing to see most printed 3'x3' or larger. There were also some landscape pieces that I really liked.

After walking around that exhibit, we also saw part of the Louvre in Atlanta exhibit. It was really interesting too but I would love to go back when they have the Impressionist paintings there this winter.

We had a really nice dinner afterwards at Stoney River that ended with ....yum.... creme brulee.
You know, I would really love to know how to make that, but maybe it's best that I don't!

So thank you, for the wonderful suprise date, Bren...it was really wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Brendon. Warn me next time that I'm gonna get the "Why don't you ever do anything like that for me?" line from my wife.

Shea Stringer Long said...

husbands are so sweet. nice job brendon.