Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hibernation

I have struggled to come back to the blog world for several weeks now. I just haven't known how to write about this time or start back chronicling my life. I may change formats soon, but for now, I wanted to give you all an update on me and us (at least for those 4 people still checking in :)) It's been nearly 3 months since I last blogged...hard to believe. When I last blogged, I did not think it would be this long until I picked it up again, but juggling two kids, work and life in general has taken a lot of energy. In talking to a friend a few weeks ago, the term hibernating came up and I realize that it's exactly what I was doing....hibernating for the winter.

I looked it up and here is the definition....

hi⋅ber⋅nate (verb)
1. to spend the winter in close quarters in a dormant condition, as bears and certain other animals. Compare estivate.
2. to withdraw or be in seclusion; retire.
3. to winter in a place with a milder climate: Each winter finds us hibernating in Florida.

#1 and #2 really sum up my past 3 months. Most people that know me well know that January and February aren't my best months any year, but having added a new baby and all the stress that comes from juggling two to the dreary weather has taken it's toll. I have been surrounded by sweet friend that have checked on me, brought me a meal here or there or just been available to listen. And, of course and awesome husband that has definitely carried his load to keep us all going. Thank you to everyone! I even got a few long distance packages with loads of love...

First, my dear friend, Em'ly sent me some of these....yum!!!

And then after checking on me through email and learning that I was longing for spring, my sweet friend Maureen sent me some spring flowers early! What an awesome gift....


I know you are all dying to know how the girls have grown and maybe someday I will fill in the gaps with detail, but for now here is quick photo summary of the past months...

January.....

February - visit from Auntie V and G-Mommy to celebrate Auntie V's 40th birthday with a girl's weekend! Happy Birthday, sweet sister...I love you!


And March - Lia is really loving being a big sister now and loves to hold Marin's hand.


this was just so sweet!


We are all very excited about the warmer weather and have already gotten out a little more the past few weeks. Hopefully, we will have more to blog about soon....I promise it won't be three months this time.

2 comments:

Shea Stringer Long said...

I'm glad you are back. I miss hearing about what is going on in the Petty house. It makes me feel closer to you, since we never get to see each other.
love and miss you

T-Dawg said...

Welcome back!!