Monday, November 27, 2006

My Surgery

Today was the day Mommy and Daddy have been anxiously awaiting. This morning they only fed me pedialyte and apple juice (that was YUMMY!) in preparation for our trip to Scottish Rite. I didn't mind though and played and smiled all morning long... I just wanted them to know that it was ok.

We went to the hospital and were taken back to the pre-op area really quickly. The procedure was scheduled for 3pm, but they ended up getting everything ready for me early so I went back at 2pm. Mommy and Daddy gave me a big kiss and let the nurse take me back to the OR... what happened in there is my little secret!

My doctor, Dr. Williams, only took 30 minutes to remove the cyst and even brought it out for Mommy and Daddy to see. It looked like a little pea sized spider's egg. Crazy!

When I was waking up the nurses brought me back to Mommy and Daddy and they let me nap for a while, drink a little more apple juice for a bottle (Yummy!) and I even smiled for them. I was a little frustrated at the bandage that's on my head and everyone kept calling me Q-Tip Head. I don't know... do you think I look like a Q-Tip??







We made it home ok (I slept most of the way) and I have already had a bottle and another nap. Mommy said something about super strength Tylenol so I think I will probably sleep ok tonight. I have to keep this silly bandage on for 24 hours and than I will get Mommy to take a picture of my scar for you guys.

Thanks for all your emails and calls....I love you all.

Note from Mom: Thank you all for your support through this procedure. We felt so taken care of by our family, friends, the staff at Scottish Rite and everyone that has been praying for Lia throughout the "Tale of the Bump". We are so blessed with an angel of a daughter and she was a dream today. She has played quietly and not given us any trouble afterwards. She even smiled at us as if to say, " I'm ok Mommy and Daddy!" - what a doll. Thanks for all your continued prayers. I will update more as I have time.

Oh, and here are a few pictures I took Sunday.... thought it was worth sharing!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

if it were halloween, little lia would be a perfect speed racer! congrats on making it through this tough day, so happy that everyone is at home safe and sound!