Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hurricanes, Flying objects and Fire on the Island

After I made the cake and took pictures it was time to get some sleep so I left the cake and went to bed praying that the trees would make it 24 hours...

Well, they didn't and Brendon was the first to see the damage an apparent hurricane left on the island. I learned my lesson and decided to reinforce the base of the trees with chocolate (cake concrete :)). I did this and the remaining 2 trees were holding steady. I also decided to put the cake in the fridge to make sure the concrete set AND to keep it off the counter away from danger.

This worked well until Brendon went to get a drink out of the fridge *right* before he left for Married Life Live and bumped one of trees. B/c it was so well cemented into the cake it shattered too. So, the one-tree island, Lia and I left for Buford praying that although it was pouring...the island would stay intact :)


We made it to the party and Sarah was *super* excited. I was able to add a little umbrella for one of the bathing bears and I thought that was a fun touch until the blowing out of the candles almost ended with a fire on the isalnd :)!


11 nine year old girls had a very fun time and Lia even managed to sleep through the squealing when Sarah got 3 Webkinz and a gameboy. We wouldn't have missed it for anything.
Happy Birthday Sarah!

No comments: