Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Two Years

Today is Lia's actual birthday and it has got me reflecting on the past two years and all the joy, laughter, tears, and growth (both hers and ours) that has happened in such a short time. We are so blessed to have this little blessing with a big personality in our lives and I become more and more thankful each day that God chose us to be her parents!


In honor of the big #2 I thought I would do some fun facts (in pairs):

Favorite Foods
#1 - Strawberries
#2 - Peanut Butter Sandwich

Favortie Songs
#1 - Amazing Grace
#2 - Signing Time song

Most Used Words/Phrases
#1 - "No"
#2 - "No, Mommy, No"
*she is two after all!*

Things she's learning
#1 - To Share
#2 - praying - it is so sweet to hear her say Thank You God at the end of the day and list the things she's thankful for

Funniest things she said lately
#1 - "Yes, I'm going to swing...*pause*.. all weekend long."
#2 - ...."a little bit".. this works for - I want to eat a little bit, I sit a little bit, I want to rock a little bit, I will walk a little bit. Mostly it's really cute to hear her sweet voice say it. I'll try and get a video of it and post it.

Favorite things to do
#1 - Swing @ the park (or at home now)
#2 - Play with her Daddy and be tickled


Lia - You are such a blessing to us and I pray each day for the wisdom to raise you, love you, encourage you and guide you as you become the young lady God has for you to be. We are so proud of you and thankful to have you in our family. You fill up our lives each day with joy and laughter.

Happy Birthday, sweet pea!

3 comments:

The Gerborgs said...

happy birthday lia! can't believe you're two already -we remember visiting you in the hospital. congrats on your big sister news too! birthday hugs from all the gerborgs!

Anonymous said...

What a precious addition you are to our family. We delight in watching you grow and develop. We can’t wait to see you this weekend when we “dribe” down to see you.

Happy birthday from G Mommy and Papa

EAJan678 said...

Where was that picture taken? What a cool shot! Enjoyed being with y'all at the zoo. And I didn't even know you were pregnant - you hid it very well at the zoo. Congrats!!
Ashley Jansen