Thursday, May 08, 2008

A Week of Loss

It's been an emotional week around here. My heart is heavy for three families dealing with loss this week. My prayers and thoughts have gone out to them all week and it has made me reflect about a few things that I know for sure.

#1 - Don't let a day go by without telling those people you love that you do love them! It's important for them to hear it.

#2 - A life well lived is one that leaves your family celebrating your life. Whether is is 80 years or 30 years... each day we leave an imprint on the people around us.... I want mine to be an imprint of love and caring - one that reflects the grace of God in my life.

#3 - Every child is a miracle - hug yours a little tighter today.

#4 - God is a faithful, gracious heavenly Father who wants to walk with us in the valleys of life. He desires for us to trust him and walk with him even when we don't understand the path we are on. He is the only one who can do the impossible and redeem a tragedy by bringing glory to himself.

What do you know for sure?

______________________________

For those of you also wondering about me and the lack of posts... it's mostly b/c each day I have just want to lay down and rest when the day is over. I have been sick with allergies and asthma which is no fun, but I seem to be getting a little better. I also went to the doctor today and the baby's heart rate sounds good. Stay tuned for more updates along the way.

1 comment:

The Gerborgs said...

thank you for sharing. definitely good reminders. hope you're feeling better soon.