My friend, Lisa, has a yearly tradition of attending Football 101 at the University of Georgia. She and her sister, Karen, go each year as a little sister- bonding time. Unfortunately, one of Karen's twins got sick the night before the event this year so Lisa thought of the biggest UGA fan she could think of and called me! :)
I really do love football and am growing to be a GA fan, so I was excited to go. It was a really fun time... we saw the locker room, the weight room, had lunch with Mark Richt and his mom, got info on all their best defensive plays, a tour of the stadium, and generally soaked it all in.
I will tell you that these women are very serious about their team and football. It was awesome to see their passion and I know why Lisa loves this event so much.... she was right in her element. Here are a few pictures...
Lisa and I at the stadium at the end of the day -

With Mark Richt...

Trying on the players helmets....
Lisa looks more menacing...

And after all the fun, the ladies got out and practiced the plays, ran drills and scrimmaged. Being in my delicate state, I decided to sit it out and watch #65 (Lisa) do all the work...

We also had fun throughout the day with a little project. Lisa got a mini helmet for her son and had all the players and coaches to sign it. I thought it would be fun to take pictures of it throughout the day at all the places we got to go and put together a book kind of like Flat Stanley. We had a blast taking the little helmet everywhere (locker room showers included) and got more than one funny stare!
Here are a few of those...
on the practice field...
down in the players area - this was the coolest looking hall full of awesome photos of games, etc...and of course the big "G" is everywhere!

Thanks to Lisa for inviting me.... I couldn't replace the sister-bonding time with Karen, but it was such a fun time and fun memories! I had a blast.
1 comment:
Rachel,
I'm glad you could go to football camp with Lisa. She had a blast with you.
Karen
Post a Comment