Yep, that's in quotes...as in someone said that to me today...
We went to Chick-Fil-A and I was taking all of our trash to throw away and a guy sitting right next to the trash can looked at me and asked.... "Twins?"
I was a little stunned and just answered - "Nope, just one..."
Then I noticed he was sitting with his family and his wife who in the international language of marriage gave him the *mortified* look and said... "Honey?!?!?!"
She put her head in her hands and he said in international innocent man-speak "What?!?!"
At that point I thought of three things....
1) That was the funniest look I could have imagined.
2) He will be hearing about that through the rest of their dinner *and* the way home.
and
3) Maybe he should take my brother-in-law's advice to NEVER ask a women about her pregnancy/due date/impending child unless she is actually giving birth and asking for your help :)
Anyway, funny story for today. I will work on a belly picture so you can decide...
I hope there is only one though - we only have one carseat!
Ladies, what's the craziest thing you were asked when pregnant?
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
nothing crazy, but yes, I too heard the 'twins' comment, from another woman who was obviously a mother - couldn't believe it! ah well. perhaps this just means there is that much more love to go around for our children ;)
I don't remember being asked anything crazy, but when I was pregnant with Evan, one of my MALE co-workers rubbed my belly. Awkward!
Wise brother-in-law indeed!
Re: #2, it won't stop on the way home... he'll most likely carry this one with him for life!
My craziest thing was not just once, but several times daily as I worked up until the day before I had Lawson. It came from a perky bank rep that worked in the lobby in front of my office.
As I laboriously waddled across the lobby, 15 months pregnant, shall we say, "several" times a day to visit the restroon - you can imagine, I could barely walk. Each and every time, without fail, Perky Peggy would say, "You're just so CUTE!!!!"
Daggers from my eyes didn't stop her. She was engaged at the time, and I often wished for her at least 12 children later in life.
Don't know what ever happened to her.....
I had a man in line in front of me last week who turned around pointed to my belly and said, it's a boy! Hmm. I'm only 19 weeks and don't know myself yet.
I'm not pregnant nor have I had a baby yet there have been countless "whens the baby due" or "how far a long are you". One customer from the bank asked me weekly for 3 weeks. Another after making one of the above comments said "Oh, your not pregnant?" as if he was the expert and knew something I didn't. His follow up comment after my death stare was "you just have glow about". Alissa's thought -- Oh so now I'm fat and sweaty
A wise man needs never to ask Daniel son
Post a Comment