So, we were a one car family for about 22 hours on Thursday/Friday, but no more. Brendon found a great deal on a GMC Envoy in Charlotte, NC and it's what you'll find my hubby driving around town in...I'm so excited!

And a little bummed. I love the new car, but we had to say goodbye to his truck... and I'm a little sad to see it go. I didn't feel that way about the Altima... I was so glad to see that car go, but since Brendon owned the truck for 8 years... there are a lot of great memories...
1)It's the truck we drove on our first date. I remember he washed it that day and opened the door as I got in on the way to Chinese and a play a friend of mine was in.
2) Moves - It's the truck that moved us several times... well, it moved lots of people...but it moved me from college to my first apt...2nd apt....into our first home/apt as a married couple...to Atlanta (well, it only moved a few things that time)...and into our first house!
3) Good trips - We took the truck on a great trip to Bloomington and St. Louis in college.... and a fun spring break trip to FL.
4) Bad Trips - I remember one with my brother over the mountains to NC.... longest stretch of highway EVER!!!
5) And it was the first car we paid off...I remember getting the title in the mail and Brendon going to clean the car... inside and out, of course... to celebrate that it was ours.
Anyone else have a hard time saying goobye to a car?
2 comments:
you will love the new envoy. it is the best truck ever. i have one and i love it. congrats
I said goodbye to a 69 volkswagon bug. did a blind trade in for a Saturn SL in '91. I got three hundred dollars for it. Big Time.
Post a Comment