Ok, so today I ran into something as a mom that has never happened before. Those of you that have been around Lia some know that she is full-blown into the terrible -two behavior. It's loads of fun! So, there is a lot of "no" and throwing herself down and also a lot of what her teacher calls "getting frustrated" with her friends.
Well, today we were at North Point in the offices visiting a friend for lunch. Vicki and Haley were there and we were talking with Tina and Darcy when Jon walked up. Jon works at NP and the last time Lia saw him he looked like this.... (she's the frog clinging to Mommy)

Lia didn't like the outfit then so when he came around the corner today and said hi she screamed and started crying uncontrollable. That kind of cry that is silent for a minute while it gets wound up. she was saying Mommy and Puppy and I thought maybe she remember the Scooby costume from Halloween. Is that possible?
I calmed her down, but don't know where to go from here. I don't want her to be scared of Jon. And I felt horrible at her response to him. She has not wanted to interact with people before but this was crazy. And I don't know if she was throwing a fit (being a terrible 2) or if she was really scared of him.
I spend a few minutes talking to her before her nap this afternoon about visiting Jon tomorrow with Daddy. That he is our friend, that is is nice and helps with KidsStuf and when we see him she needs to say - Hi Mr. Jon - and maybe she can give high five (probably pushing my luck, but it was worth talking about).
Anyway, any ideas about how to deal with these things? And embarrassed mothers out there know how I feel?
No comments:
Post a Comment