Starting Thanksgiving Early
We went to the Beams' house for their annual Harvest Feast on Saturday and it was yummy. We always enjoy it and this year was full of friends and yummy food. Anyway, along with bringing the green bean casserole, I tried a new recipe...and it was YUMMY!
I had some apples so I had to find an apple cake recipe and who better to turn to than Paula Deen and to start with a "stick a' butta". The cake was so tasty that I thought I would share the recipe... check it out and maybe try it this fall!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_29988,00.html
A few notes/changes I made:
1) Walnuts insted of Pecans... your shoice though
2) I substituted the 1& 1/2 cup oil for 1 cup apple sauce and 1/2 cup of oil - and you could not tell, and it cup a lot of fat from the cake.
What are your favorite fall recipes?
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ok rach, check out my blog b/c i posted my new favorite dessert recipe for you. you'll have to try.
Post a Comment