Anyway, we have made the decision to put her in a new room and leave her nursery for the new baby so it's been a big time of transition. We (and by "we" I mean my sweet hubby!) painted the room yellow and had been waiting until we could work out what bed to use before we moved everything around. We finally got that done a week or so ago and moved her in.

She has done great and loves her purple sheets wiht flowers. She has amazed us by staying in the bed until we come in and get her in the morning and has done the same at naptimes. If *anyone* tells her she can get out I will hunt you down because it's been awesome so far.
We did have a funny thing happen last week when Brendon went in to wake her up in the morning. He peeked his head in and thought she was asleep with her head off the side of the bed (upside down). He ran to get the camera and take a picture, but when he poked his head back in Lia popped her eyes open and said "Hi Daddy". He snapped a shot anyway and caught her with the flash ... "Oh, Daddy...bright light!"
Here's what he saw...
3 comments:
I love Lia's big girl room! It's beaufitul and it looks perfect for a little girl. Glad to hear she is transitioning well. We have toyed around with moving Sarai to a big girl bed as well so if you have any good advice, I would love to hear it! Oh, and I loved the pic/story of her head hanging off the bed. Kids have such a great sense of humor :-)
Congrats on baby girl #2!!! i thought for sure it was a boy!
Lia is so big that I hardly recognize her.
Hope you are feeling good and surviving the heat:)
see you soon-
congratulations lia on your big girl room! we love it! and so exciting about the girl news . . . two girls is so fun!! (and, it helps that you already have all the clothes!!)
Post a Comment