Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Lift High

I went for a walk this morning (thanks for getting me out there Brendon) and had a great time. Between working and mommy-ing, I don't get very many 30 minute time blocks right now just for me and it was glorious!

Anyway, I stole B's IPod on the way out the door and was listening to Eddie Kirkland's "Lift High" as I walked part of the way. As I turned the corner of a cul-de-sac in our neighborhood, the music built up, he sang... Lift up your heads...Lift up you heads ---- LIFT HIGH you chains undone, ALL RISE, exhalt the SON --- Jesus Christ the Holy One!

and at that moment, I turned *straight* into the sun... it was SO bright, even behind my shades, that I couldn't help think of the glory of God. I had to close my eyes and walk that way for several moments, it reminded me of something Beth Moore said at the event I went to this weekend....

She was talking about Jesus being fully God and fully man. She spoke about Matthew 17 where Jesus went to the top of the Mount of Transfiguration and for a moment, dropped his "human-ness" and showed Peter, James and John a small bit of his Godliness (his glory) - "His face shone like the sun". She explained it with such passion that I cannot do it justice.

But what an amazing reminder the sun is to us... when one day the Son of God will blind us with His glory, His brightness and we won't have to turn away.

So, now I'm back to the Tuesday norm.. work and mommy-ing. I'll share more of this weekend as soon as it soaks in and I can get some thoughts to come out right. Happy Tuesday!

No comments: