Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hooray for Hollywood!

**Pictures courtesy of our friends from NC- Thanks!!!**

Thursday was a fun day of waiting and watching. We drove up to Burbank to the NBC studios and got in line for the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.


We had written in for tickets, but didn't know who would be on when we got them for this date. It ended up being David Spade and Coldplay. There were some crazy, sleep on the sidewalk all night fans there overnight, so the guys at the ticket window suggested that we go ahead and get in line as soon as we arrived (11:00). The doors don't open til 3pm so that was longer of a wait than we were thinking.

I volunteered to stay and wait in line while Brendon took the studio tour. We had originally planned to take it together before getting in line, but we didn't want to lose our spot. So.... I waited... and waited...


then, the crazy fans started screaming and Coldplay came out to sign autographs. They were sound checking at the outdoor stage and decided to come see the fans that had been waiting all night, well, and since 11:00...


all I had was a receipt from the day before (buying a postcard for Lia), but here they are - autographs from Chris Martin, lead guitarist, Johnny Buckland, and drummer, Will Champion. I missed the bassist (Guy Berryman)...


I called Brendon to tell him the fun news and he was a *little* disappointed that he missed Coldplay for the tour.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty fun once Brendon got back. I was glad to get access to the NBC bathrooms and air-conditioning @ 3pm though. I would NOT have waited out there in Atlanta heat!

Oh, and my other favorite part of waiting..."Miss Everyday". I don't remember her name, but she has come to *every* Tonight Show since 2006 - seriously! - and she knew the answers to any question anyone had. It was funny to see new people come up in the line and think she worked for NBC. She was great! I just don't know if she will be there once Conan takes over!??!?

Here is a picture (she is in the black and white)...


After all of that we did make it on TV... check out this link to see us and to see the Coldplay concert. We are standing right next to the Mercedes if you want to find us in that shot too. Just look for my tall husband and my bright pink shirt! Here is the screen shot from the studio....we are at the top right of the screen...

view for Coldplay's concert....


afterwards we drove up in the hills to get a *lame* picture of the Hollywood sign :)


It was a fun day, but I don't think I could handle the LA traffic everyday... craziness!

2 comments:

kellib said...

That is SO cool! I am so happy for you guys. The whole experience is just so memorable. I want to go back so bad!!! And Coldplay...how great is that????

See you Friday!

The Dogs said...

It is so cool that you got to go see the Tonight Show. Sounds like a great trip. We will make sure to watch the Tonight Show to see you on TV (we have it recorded!).