New Year, New Me???
It will be great in 2008!
Don't wait, change in '08!
New Year, New You!
Is anyone else tired of the new year slogans? I have really struggled with the whole thing this year. Christmas being pushed as a gimme-gimme and then the second the clock strikes midnight on January 1 - it's diet, exercises, organization, and resolutions.
The world is one of such extremes that it seems we can't seem to stay in a place of Thanksgiving before the Christmas decorations come out, and can't say "I Love you" on Valentine's Day before the four-leaf clovers jump out. For me, this Christmas was one I wanted to savor even after the day past. I wanted to stay at the manger and celebrate Jesus one more day. Amidst the family visits and gift-exchanges, I felt incredibly thankful to Jesus because he
made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness. Philippians 2:7
I have bought new calendars and have remembered to write 2008 on all my checks, but my heart is stuck. I haven't made a New Year's resolution, but I have felt more of a change in my spirit than in past new years. I hope I can stay there even as I move forward and look ahead to this year.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment