Monday, November 17, 2008

Words from Mom...

Just wanted to hop onto the computer myself and say hi! Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement and the sweet congrats. We are so happy to be home with our two girls and starting life as a family of 4.

Friday was such a fun day and I had a wonderful delivery. My midwife took great care of me and it was a smooth and pretty easy delivery - of course, an epidural helps me say that! Anyway, Marin continues to amaze us and is such a sweet little one. I have to say I was a little shocked to see blond hair... the hospital staff checks the numbers on your wrist when they give back the baby, but I checked the hair under her cap.

Anyway, we got home Monday after a little stay in the hospital and have been settling in ever since. Lia was not sure about her little sister at first, but she is warming up to her and very excited to help as she can. Pray that we continue to know how to give her attention and manage all the fun 2 year old behavior.

We went in today to the doctor and Marin is a little jaundice, but not as much as Lia was. We will take her back tomorrow to get a reading so please pray she continues to feed and that it will be lower tomorrow. Of course, we have our experience with Lia in the back of our mind, but I'm hoping not to have to get that bad over the week. We'll let you know!

Oh, and I am sure I am being random, but a friend did set up a meal calendar for us, but I can't remember everyone who told me to send it to them so if you haven't gotten that information and want it... please email me. I have lost a lot of sleep over the past month and my brain is mush!

I promise I will take and send some pictures tomorrow so check back then for more of Blondie!

3 comments:

Shea Stringer Long said...

Rach, she is so beautiful. I'm so excited for you all and I can't wait to see her grow up. I feel like even though we don't get to see each other I can still see your happy family grow and I love it. I miss you terrible. lot's of kisses for Marin and Lia and of course B. too.

XOXO

Shea

The Gerborgs said...

we know all about the phototherapy bed too after having to take one home with isabella. we'll be praying for sure for lower numbers. glad you are all home and doing well. hugs!

T-Dawg said...

Glad to hear things are going well!! She is beautiful! Two girls!! How exciting!! Y'all take care!